Thursday, December 15, 2011

it looks like we made it to the end or day 1001

holy shiznit. it's day 1001. who knew? i will admit that i got kind of slack about writing blogs in the last year, but that doesn't mean i wasn't still doing stuff. here's the end total:

63 items are finished
25 items were not finished or in some cases, even started
11 items i changed my mind about (that may sound like a co-out, but i think it's valid)
2 item could not be achieved because either the location was inaccessible (going to green mountain) or the even did not happen (blur reunion show...at least not in the US).

if i we being graded on this using a traditional scale, i'd get a D. but, i prefer to look at it as 63 things i did to improve myself, no matter how small or large of an accomplishment it was. here are some of the major highlights:

-i lost 10 lbs and kept it off

-i then lost 10 so more and am going to keep going

-i went to austin. twice.

-i addressed the issue of scott's future care with my parents and as a result, scott is on a waiting list for residential placement and day programs. plus he is also receiving his social security disability pay. in looking into this, my parents discovered that my mom was also eligible since she was the parent who retired and stayed home with scott. she is also receiving SSD payments now.

-i moved to an accessible apartment, applied for handicapped parking (which i haven't received yet, but it's coming), and in effort to achieve the goal of being on time to work more often than not, am now taking ADA paratransit to and from the library.

-i found a venue (or 2 or 3) to sell my art and it has been really successful.

-minus a few unexpected bumps, i've gotten my finances in better order. still not great, but far and away improved from 1001 days ago.

-i paid my car off. of course, i then bought a new one, but still.

i changed my mind about:

-cooking at home more regularly (physically, cooking is not that easy for me, so i'm focusing on making better choices when i eat out)

-reading more (i really could not be less interested right now)

-growing my hair out (it looks better short)

-doing something real with "fan of the banter" (i lost my partner, so no point)

-find a new band to get into every month (see "reading more")

-get drunk once (hadn't done it in the 37 or so years before i wrote this list, why do it now?)

-learn photoshop (i did try this. i hated it.)

-join a gym (not practical given my abilities and i have all the equipment i can use at home)

-advance a level in my job (whatever. at this point, i'm happy to have not been laid off)

-sit on my patio (really? i'm not that fond of the outdoors)

5 things that i haven't done that i'd like to continue to try to do are eat less fast food, put my pictures into photo albums, go to england, take an accessible yoga/pilates class, and visit a water park in winter.

so, there you have it. thanks to anyone who is reading this and may have read the blogs over the past 1001 days. this was a fun project.

No comments:

Post a Comment