Wednesday, May 11, 2011

big ones or day 796

holy smokes! some stuff has gotten done in the last month or so. lets' review.

#2. exerbycle 2-3x/week.
for the the last 5 weeks or so, i have been faithfully riding my bike at least twice a week. i find it relaxing and getting easier to fit in a couple days a week. enjoyable even. i've also started free weights again too.

#5. lose 10 lbs and keep it off.
i always lose 10 lbs. it's usually easy. and then, i gain it back. in the same 5 weeks that i've been exerbycling, i have also been journaling (honestly) about what i eat. and so far, i've lost 16 lbs. onto goal #6, which is to lose another 10-40 lbs. i'm not sure what my end goal is, but i know i'm not trying to be thin. just smaller.

#15. get the ball rolling on scott's future care.
wow. this one is so very huge and has been with me for such a long time. i never thought that it would end up coming together somewhat easily. long story short, i have always struggled with my parents in trying to talk about this topic. i know it's hard for them and that my relationship with my brother is much different than theirs. there were obstacles and set backs 16 years ago when they tried to get him placed in a group home the first time and they kind of gave up after being denied enough times. unfortunately, this put a lot of stress and worry on me, because the more time went on, the more it looked like one day, scott's care would fall on me. well, several events lead to this topic finally being addressed. all of the pieces aren't yet in place, but contacts have been made and at the very least, we are in a place where when my parents are gone, scott has a place to go. i can't explain how much better this knowledge makes me feel.

#16. discuss scott's care with my parents.
when i wrote this list, i assumed that i'd be doing all of the work to get in contact with facilities and lawyers and what have you. turns out, i was wrong. happily wrong.

#64. pay my overdue library fines.
seriously. what kind of librarian am i? i had a $36 fine on my card for 5 years. 5 years. it went on the list because i knew it would take that to finally pay them. and i did. i can actually check something out now. i don't even know where to start.

#83. pay car off.
this one is kind of funny. not really haha funny. i got into an accident and although my damage was not major, my insurance company decided that the car was totaled. i freaked out because i was fairly certain i couldn't get a loan and i really didn't want to start over with car payments. after getting my head around it, i realized it was a win/win. so, my old car is, in fact, paid off. i did get a loan and bought a 2008 scion xB, which is bigger and works much better for getting my walker in and out. in addition, i took some of my insurance settlement and got hand controls put in. i didn't think i'd need them this soon, but my foot slipping off the brake is how i got into the accident to being with. so, it was time.

No comments:

Post a Comment